Garage Door Opener Repair that is Convenient For You!
- Same Day Service
- All Phone Calls Answered By Live Operator 24/7
- Saturday & Sunday Appointments Available At No Extra Charge
- Evening Appointments Available At No Extra Charge
- Major Credit Cards Accepted
- 2-Hour Service Windows
Call Today For Same Day Opener Repair or Replacement!
Common Problems With Garage Door Openers
Here are some of the most common problems seen by our technicians:
- Sagging Chain/Belt
- Door Hums But Does Not Move
- Remote Not Working
- Wall Button Not Working
Garage Door Opener Repair vs Replacement
Very often when your garage door opener is not functioning properly it can be repaired. Diagnosing and repairing your existing motor may be a less expensive option than replacing the unit. We often recommend repair over replacement for this reason. We always maintain a full inventory of garage door opener parts on our trucks, so we can ordinarily repair it in a single visit.
There are also times when we recommend replacement:
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993, which made garage door openers safer. If yours was manufactured prior to that date it is unlikely your house would even pass an inspection with it, so we recommend to replace in this situation.
- Safety concerns with a brand- If a manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model.
- No safety eyes - if the safety eyes are not present, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance: therefore we will typically recommend replacement.
- If the brand no longer exists, parts for those openers will be unavailable and replacing is usually the only option.
Garage door openers, like most other technologies today, are changing rapidly to include features that make your life easier and more secure. You can count on your technician to expertly inform you about the newest garage door openers and accessories available!
Why Do Garage Door Openers Fail?
Elite always performs a Balance Test on your door as recommended by DASMA. The Balance Test is simple and you can do it yourself by watching the short video below.
The reason for this test is to determine whether your door is out of balance or not. If the door is not balanced, as displayed in the video, it will exert an inordinate amount of stress on the opener and will cause your opener to fail over and over again. A common cause of an unbalanced garage door is having the wrong size spring(s) on the door. Elite's professionally trained technician will always let you know if this is a potential problem and if it is, diagnose the fix as a part of your free 18-point inspection.
Do not hesitate to call us today at any of our locations to learn more about our openers. We will be happy to answer any further questions.
"Can Elite Fix My Opener in Particular?"
Our AZ technicians are trained to repair ALL major brands including: LiftMaster, Chamberlain, Genie, Marantec, Sears, Overhead Door, Raynor, Stanley, Craftsman, and more!
We service Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff and all of Arizona.