Elite Garage Doors
Buying a new garage door? Have questions? We have answers.
When you call Elite Garage Doors of Maryland, you will always talk to a live operator who can answer any question you have. Whether you want an estimate for a custom garage door, have questions about garage door warranties, or are trying to decide between a steel and wood garage door, our pros have all the info you need to make one of the most important investments in your home.
From the Nation’s Capital in Washington DC to the surrounding communities, towns, and suburbs of Maryland, Elite Garage Doors provides the best service, the best prices, and the absolute best lifetime warranty on professionally-installed garage doors in Maryland.
Best of all, Elite Garage Doors provides no-cost, risk-free, in-person quotes on new and custom garage doors for homeowners in Bethesda, Silver Spring, Rockville, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Germantown and throughout Maryland. Give us a call or contact us online to schedule your free garage door quote today!
Of course, we understand that buying a new steel or wood garage door is not something homeowners take lightly. That’s why we’re providing answers here to some of the most common questions we get from our customers, in hopes that it will help you feel more confident and prepared on your journey as you research garage door installation companies in Maryland.
Which Type of Garage Door is Right for Me?
We get asked this question a lot, and let us tell you the answer is quite simple: the best garage door is the one that most closely meets your needs. High-quality garage doors manufactured by reputable companies and installed by trained professionals will always be better than the alternative. That’s why we are proud to sell and install residential wood and steel garage doors by Clopay and Amarr, companies that offer superior quality, durability, and warranties.
- Steel garage doors are the most popular type of garage doors in Maryland because of their durability, resilience, and low maintenance. Steel will look great forever and is virtually maintenance-free, which is great news considering the toll that snow can take on lesser-quality garage doors.
- Wood carriage house garage doors can radically beautify your home. These doors can significantly increase the curb appeal of your home, and may even increase the actual value of your home, too. Wood garage doors look great in quaint neighborhoods found in Silver Spring, Waldorf, Germantown and throughout Maryland.
- Custom garage doors offer more design freedom and flexibility for discerning homeowners with high-standards and elegant taste. Custom doors can be made to look like old world doors with gorgeous woods and decorative hand-forged hardware, or assume a more contemporary look with modern materials such as copper, aluminum, and iron.
How are New Garage Doors Warrantied?
Nearly every new and custom garage door comes with a warranty of some kind—the difference, as they say, is in the details. Many companies claim they have a lifetime warranty but don't cover everything. Garage doors have many parts: rollers, cables, springs, door panels, etc. When shopping for a new garage door, find out what parts the warranty actually covers. When you read the fine print, you may find that the warranty does not cover warping, splitting, cracking, denting, or rusting and then limits parts to one year. When shopping you want to make sure you are comparing apples to apples. And if a company isn’t transparent about their warranties, look elsewhere. Elite Garage Doors stands behind our famous lifetime limited warranty, which is why we make it public for anyone to read before they become customers.
What Should I Look for in a Garage Door Company?
Unfortunately, the garage door industry is not strictly monitored. There are many fly-by-night companies that are not adequately insured and do not need to stand by their work because they won't exist in six months. When comparison shopping and requesting quotes for garage doors in Maryland, look for a company that:
- Carries the necessary insurance
- Provides warranties on the parts and labor of your new garage door
- Has well-trained, uniformed, and professional technicians
- Arrives in trucks that are clean and clearly indicate the name of the company
- Treat you with courtesy at all times
- Supplies references from previous customers upon request
At Elite Garage Doors and Gates, we want your business and are willing to work hard to get it. When you choose us you can be sure we are prepared to do an exceptional job.
Give us a call... we are happy to answer any questions you have or give you a free estimate. We install garage doors throughout Maryland, including Germantown, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Rockville, Bethesda, Waldorf, and Washington DC.